Friday, August 22, 2008

Michigan

Everything was so green and alive in Michigan...so incredibly beautiful!

Joe & I took a trip to Michigan last weekend for a couple of family reunions. For those of you who don't know, my parents both grew up in Michigan, in the same town and their families continue to live in the area. So, since it has been nearly 9 years since Ive been there, we made the trip. I just have a few pictures, but will promise to post more once I receive them from other people. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures since there were plenty of flashes going off...with much better cameras. Overall, we had a fabulous time. We stayed with my Uncle Vern & Auntie Gay at their farm house (one word...beautiful!), which is the same farm house that my mom grew up in. It brought back a lot of memories...and as always, its a great adventure.
Highlights of the trip...
  • Joe slept 3/4 of the plane ride to MI
  • Joe meeting his great grandma for the first time
  • The Fallasburg Park Prefontane 5K (with 2 hills it took me 40 minutes)
  • The Gauw Reunion
  • The Nauta "Rebellion"
  • a stomach virus
  • Joe eating a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie on the plane ride home...sitting next to a child psychologist


Auntie Gay with her tractor and wagon

Three Generations


Joe & Abigail playing (Auntie Gay has the perfect house for kids & grandkids!)

0 comments: